Friday, August 16, 2013

Psalm 140 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Psalm 140 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Lord my heart is broken over this situation.
I did everything right and I am still here.
I trusted in you.  I claimed your promises.
I have faithfully served you and did your work.
Those around me are foolish and vain.

They think about nothing except themselves and their ways.
Foolish, foolish, fooilish, they are.  They have no mind of me.
You have boxed me in I have to rely on others.
Every resource has been taken from me.
If it was not for the kindness of others.

I would be in great distress and trouble.
Rescue me God of my salvation.  Keep me.
The weight I carry is too hard for me to bear.
I do not know if I will make it.
Rescue me, oh God.  I need your deliverance.

Never has it been like this.
Never before has my heart been so weighted.
In this moment I will praise you.
Give me hope and strength, Oh God.
I will praise you and I will exalt you.

No matter what I will exalt your name.
Your promises are sure and true.
Those who trust in the Lord will not be ashamed.
This is the promise I have from your word.
I stand on your word in the midst of this trial.



No comments:

Post a Comment