Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Essay on Prayer No. 11 By Robert Dean Steel

Essay on Prayer No. 11 By Robert Dean Steel

  This next essay is absolute essential for household salvation.  Acts 16:31 states that not only shall we be saved but our household as well.  So praying for you family is so essential.  Godly children to do not just happen.  It is daily prayer and parenting that makes it happen.  You cannot separate the two.  When God is in control of the home He will be in control of the parenting and raising of the children.
   I have four children and three great grand children, all serving the Lord.  I have been faithful in praying for my family everyday.  I begin by saying, "Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done."  Let your will be done in my life.  Let righteousness, peace and joy reign in my heart.  Rom 14:17.  Right after that, I pray for my wife and then for each one of the children by name.  Over the years as they have married or come into relationships with others I cover their boy friends or girl friends in prayer.  Now of course my children have fiances and grand children.  Each is covered with prayer.  Whatever they are going through and whatever has been brought to my attention I cover them with prayer.  I pray a hedge of protection over them.  That God's will would be the top priority for their lives.  They would have a love for prayer, the word, the house of God and evangelism. 
   After that I cover my own family.  I have two brothers and a sister.  I pray for them and their children and grand children.  I pray for my Mom and her husband.  I then pray for my wife's family and all their children.  I add or subtract names as the occasion or relationship changes.  For the saved members of my family, I pray for hunger, thirst and desperation for the things of God.  That they would humble themselves, pray, seek God's face and turn from their wicked ways.  That God would hear them, forgive and healed them.
   For my unsaved family, I claim them daily according to Acts 16:31, I have been praying for some of my family members for decades but I always remember that if I do not grow weary in well doing in time I will have a harvest.  I then pray that God would send a laborer to speak to my family member.  Every member of my family has heard the gospel but so far I still have two brothers and their families who are not saved so I pray that God would send someone their way to speak to them in such a way that would catch their attention and speak directly to their hearts.  Then I commit them to the Lord and ask Him or orchestrate circumstances that will speak directly to them about how He wishes to have a relationship with them.
   Praying for your family is such a privilege.  Make sure you mention them by name and talk to Jesus about what you know is going on in their lives.  Many times my family members have called me up to pray for them because they know it is my daily habit.  I bring their requests and needs before the Lord.  Many times they have phoned back and have thanked for me for praying.  Some still do not know the Lord but one day they shall.  Acts 16:31 is my promise. 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment