Friday, August 16, 2013

Psalm 136 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

Psalm 136 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

The trials, problems and tribulations I face.
Have overwhelmed me and I am in great distress.
Every foe seems to be able to defeat me.
Where can I go to get relief from them?

That is when I went to the Lord.
I related to Him every peril I was facing.
I asked Him why he had not heard me?
To the many questions I had been asking.?

Every day my sicknesses were drawing my strength.
I was in difficulty and distress.
Every need, physical, spiritual, emotional and intellectual,
Was greater and bigger than my faith and strength,

I was failing and being overwhelmed in everything I tried.
My family did not understand or have sympathy.
They were unresponsive to my cries for help.
Those who I loved and care for did not want me.

Disappointment, betrayal and lack of love.
Surrounded me at every turn, I did not know how to proceed.
Death and destruction had cornered me.
I would soon be defeated.  I needed to be rescued.

I cried out to the Lord.
I told Him all my trials and problems.
I did not with hold one thing from my heart.
Every concern I laid before His throne of grace.

The Lord heard the cry of my heart.
He sent His help.  His messenger of grace came.
He healed my sicknesses, difficulties and failures.
He met my needs with abundance and mercy.

Every failure and disappointment melted away.
My sorrow and heaviness was turned into joy and praise.
All questions were answered and victory came.
Trust in the Lord and in due time victory comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment