Thursday, August 15, 2013

Psalm 126 - Psalm of Steel - By Robert Dean Steel

Psalm 126 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

I fell into a pit and place of destruction.
This was a trap planted by the enemy.
I saw it from afar but did not heed the warnings.
Lord who can rescue me from my own folly.

My own desires, wants and needs brought me to this.
I thought I could handle this and that I would not fall.
I discovered to late that my enemies are clever.
They know me better than I know  myself.

Self deception is the greatest trap of all.
To think it can never happen to you.
Is the folly of the selfish, vain and deceived.
I was all of them.  You warned me Lord but I did not heed you.

Now oh Lord, forgive my folly and sin.
I call out to you in my pain and distress.
Rescue me from this pit and place of pain.
I call to you, save me from myself and my enemies.

You are my defense.  I will overcome in you.
My fortress in whom I return to for safety.
The hiding place no enemy or foe can find or penetrate.
You are my refuge and shield and I am safe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment