Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Psalm 55 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 55 - Psalms of Steel

We are to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.
Yet how can we pray for peace when our own hearts are in turmoil.
Oh God, quiet my heart with your love.
Give me your full salvation and redemption.
When my own heart is quiet and sirene,
Then I will be able to bring peace to others.

Lord you are the source of true contentment.
The giver of peace which passes all understanding.
All true joy flows from the spring you made.
May I drink deep and long for those waters,
The bread of life and food for my soul comes from you.
You give rest to the weary and sleep for the righteous.

Your love, Oh Lord is my place of refuge.
It brings patience to my life.  Kindness to my deeds.
Gentleness to my motives, it helps me deal with my pride.
The arrogance of my thoughts are subdued by your love.
Your love regulates my motives and medicates my anger.
It eradicates my selfishness and helps me radiate forgiveness.

Today God be my source of life and love.
Flow through me and bring healing to my world.
Let me be your ambassador of salvation.
Your representative for redemption.
Let my life display your glory and presence.
Place eternity in my heart for all to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment