Friday, December 21, 2012

Ready or not Here He Comes

I have been reading in the secular media the last dew days about today being the end of the world.  One media outpost reported that more than 2 million people in Canada are afraid of this being the end of the world.  This weekend on National Geographic channel they are devoting the entire weekend to this event.  When I got this morning I saw the headline in a local newspaper.  "Is this the end?"  My answer is, if it is are you ready?  Jesus Christ is coming back soon, now I know that it has nothing to do with th Mayan calender but the timing of Father.  In Acts 1:8, the disciples had just seen Jesus ascend into heaven and an angel of the Lord announces that as they had seen Him go, He would return.  When Jesus comes back it will be for His church.  The reality is the His return will be so quick that we will not even have a moment to think about it.  Paul writes in 1 Thessalonians that it will happen in the twinkling of an eye.  That is about a millionth of second.  You will not even have time to think a thought.  So the question today is not are you worried about the end of the world according to the Mayan calender?  But are you ready for the coming of the Lord?  Since I gave my life to Christ some 3 decades ago.  I have lived ready.  Everyday I get up with the thought that could be my last day on the planet.  I am aware of the fragile reality of life.  There is no guarantee that we will live through the day.  So I live ready.  I love how Ruth Graham daughter of Billy Graham lives.  She says, she lives her life as if she has only five minutes left.  That means she is always focused on eternal things.  Are you ready for the coming of the Lord?  Paul says it could happen at anytime.  So like the old hide and seek saying, "Ready or not here He comes."  Live ready.  The Mayan's may have it wrong but the Bible does not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment