Saturday, December 15, 2012

Psalm 66 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 66 - Psalms of Steel

O God why have I sinned against you?
My shame and my disgrace are ever before me.
The words of my mouth, the actions of my life.
Have brought dishonor, blame and disgrace.
Those around me have abandoned and dishonored me.
I have been a vessel of dishonor.
I have not brought glory to your name.
I am naked, exposed and unseemly in your sight.
O God, have mercy on me, I am undone.

The Lord heard my cry for help.
 He was quick to come and take away my shame.
He knows my heart and how my sin were unintentional.
In a moment of weakness, temptation and madness I fell.
I acknowledge it was against the Lord that I sinned.
With a contrite and sincere heart, I confessed my sin.
With His help I will not repeat this folly.
I now receive His forgiveness and am now healed.

May the Lord be praised and glorified.
He has turned my shame into honor.
The precious blood of Jesus Christ has cleansed my heart.
The heavenly gift of redemption and reconciliation,
Has come in its full and complete form.
Holy Spirit, regenerate and reform this heart.
Let these lips praise you.
May these hands be quick to serve and help others.
May these feet be footprints of love and compassion.
For salvation and restoration has come for God`s glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment