Friday, November 16, 2012

Psalm 45 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm  45 - Psalms of Steel

O Lord my greatest enemy is my own lips.
I know I live with a people of unclean lips.
Take the coals off your holy altar and clean my lips.
Purify my speech so it is pleasing to you.
Keep that watchman on my mouth so I do not sin against you.
Let no bitter or perverse speech from from my mouth.

Let my mouth praise you.  Let my speech be season with salt.
Let the words of my mouth be perfect in your sight.
O give thanks to the Lord for His loving Kindness.
Let praise flow and my worship pass through my tongue.
Don't let me bless God and curse men who are created in your image.
Help me not to serve bitter and sweet words in the same breath.

May all that I proclaim bring honor to your name.
May all my words reflect your goodness.
Let only that which proceeds from my lips praise the Lord.
Let my conversation reflect my heart which you have changed.
Let men rejoice and may all that  comes from your people's mouth.
Be words of encouragement, love and forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment