Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Psalm 43 - Psalm of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 43 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel

My enemies have overcome me.
I am to weak to defend myself.
Their work has wounded my innermost parts.
Even those who I called friend have betrayed me.
The half truth and lies they spread,
Have ruined my reputation and influence.

I searched my heart, I examined my motives.
To see if what was said had any truth.
Even though I have no comfort or rest for my soul.
In desperation I cried out to the Lord.
I know I am a sinner and I have no purity before you.
Help me and release me from this trap and snare.

I waited before the Lord and stilled my heart.
With expectation and anticipation I sought His face.
I knew the Lord would answer, He is faithful.
Then He answered, He came to my defense.
The Lord shut the mouths of my accusers,
They were put to shame and put to flight.

The Lord is our help.  He is our strength.
Never be discouraged, the Lord is your encourager.
The Lord is our confidence and aid in times of weakness.
He will help us triumph and overcome.
Do not be the victim but the victor.
You can conquer and overcome.
In the Lord all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment