Sunday, November 4, 2012

Psalm 31 - Psalms of Steel


Psalm 31 - Psalm of Steel

The great obstacle to my freedom is me.
I make promises but do not keep them, pledges easily broken.
The battle for my heart and soul rages without end.
I see no path out of the pit I have made.
Is there any hope for me while I live?

My own thoughts judge and condemn me;
They know who I really am, I cannot lie to them.
I know I need a breakthrough, but will it come?
When will I throw off this yoke and receive His freedom?
My only hope is you Lord, Please rescue me.

The Lord must rescue me, set me free and give me liberty.
I pray to you, I will not be silent.  Hear my cry.
See the turmoil in my heart.  Rescue me, from myself.
I know there is no good thing in me.  I am at your mercy.
Reach into my heart and give me full and complete salvation.

No comments:

Post a Comment