Sunday, November 25, 2012

Psalm 1 of the Psalms f Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 1 - Psalms of Steel

Once I was young and now I am older.
How the years have flown by.
When I was young, the dreams I had.
The hopes, plans, goals and achievements.
I was going places, doing things and becoming someone.
No one was going to be like me.
The world was my platform and oyster.

Now that I am older, I reflect on what I have done.
Did I change my world and touch all I could.
Were all my dreams, ambitions, goals and plans done.
Did I accomplish all I thought I would.
The answer is "no."  Somehow things got lost in life.
The urgent and crisis became more important,
Than the intangibles such as love, peace and joy.

I compromised, sold out, got derailed and got sidetracked.
The things of real importance became secondary to making a living.
Life is more than possessions, paychecks and pleasure.
It is about touching others for God and making a difference in them.
It is about loving God and loving others made in His image.
Fulfilling the great commission and giving eternity to others.
Becoming like Jesus Christ and conforming to His image.

Is this the end or the beginning?
The one thing a person must remember,
The Lord's will must be done first.
It is His plans, purpose, goals and dreams that must come first.
Then spouses, children, family and friends.
These are the real values and treasures.
Love your spouse, care an love your children.
Invest in your family, loved ones and friends.

This is the conclusion of a preacher.
Money, fame, popularity and material possessions.
They have limited value.  Keep them at arms length.
Real value is found in the people you love.
True treasure is found in the will of God.
Never lose focus on love, acceptance and forgiveness.
This is the conclusion of an older man now.

No comments:

Post a Comment