Sunday, November 11, 2012

Psalm 38 - Psalms of Steel by Robert Dean Steel


Psalm 38 - Psalms of Steel

Lord keep me when I want to give up.
Many times I have wanted to surrender to the circumstances.
But  then I remember your word and promises.
You will never forsake or leave us.
Help me in my time of weakness,
To remember you are my strength.

When I am ready to surrender, help me.
To keep running the race with perseverance.
Nothing is done for you in our strength it must be yours.
We overcome by the blood of the Lamb,
Our testimony is your strength to help us persevere.
We do not fight this battle alone you fight with us.

Let me O Lord stand fast and firm in the time of trouble.
Keep me and show me your light in times of darkness.
Help me to remember that great things are not done,
In man's strength, wisdom, cunning or ability.
But the perseverance of character, and your Holy Spirit.
The promise of your help and intervention against all foes.

Lord at all times, keep me focused on your truth.
The truth that wonderful works are measured more,
On tenacity and diligence than on talent and ability.
When I become frustrated, discouraged or overwhelmed,
In those times come and renew me and restore me.
Give me your strength and patience O God.

It is through your discipline that I can persevere.
Help me to develop the character and overwhelming attitude,
To become the person you always intended me to be.
Lord as we walked through this life, let each part teach us,
That true character is measured, not on we start this race,
But how we finish it that counts for your glory.

No comments:

Post a Comment