Friday, January 6, 2012

Weekend is Coming

For many the weekend is a time to kick back and have some down time.  For me it is quite the opposite.  I spend hours in prayer gearing up for the weekend.  Sunday is the big day for me.  It is where I get to share the word of God with Cornerstone and worship with the believers.  I love church and the people.  One thing I have never struggle with is going to the house of the Lord and here is the reason.  For five years during my teen years I never went to church.  My mom when I was 13 told me I could make my own decision concerning church so I chose not to go.  I enjoyed sleeping in and doing my thing but never did I think that I had made an eternal choice.  From the time I stopped attending church God no longer was on my thoughts.  It was all about me.  When I came to Christ at age 17, God convicted me about my lack of attendance of His house and I made a commitment to never miss if possible.  That commitment led to enjoyment and even to desire.  From the time I came to know Christ I can hardly wait to get to church.  I love to sing, worship, participate in the word, whether I am sharing or not.  I love the fellowship and beng with the people of God.  It breaks my heart when people tell me they struggle with Sunday worship or it does mean something to them.  They are missing the point.  It is not about us and what we can get out of it.  It is about meeting with God, and with His people.  It is about worship, the word and being part of something greater.  So this weekend go back to church, Sunday Worship and ask God to show you His perspective.  I did and it changed my life forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment