Monday, January 23, 2012

God is moving!

Yesterday was a great day in the House of the Lord.  Bob Gal has been at Cornerstone and we have seen great things.  The Lord has been leading Bob to speak about repentance and holiness.  Two very strong concepts that have been forgotten in many churches.  Today many of our churches have great music, preaching and programs but little holiness, repentance and power.  Music, preaching and programs have their place but they were never designed to replace the work of the Holy Spirit.  The Holy Spirit still calls people to repent and give their lives 100% to God.  Anything less is idolatry.  Half way measures are lukewarm and we know from Rev 3 that a Lukewarm condition causes God to vomit.  After living in the city now for almost two years I can say with no fear of rebuke that the majority of the Christians I have met are lukewarm and need to repent.  Most I have met are fat, lazy, selfish and self absorbed.  I have met very few Christians that regularly invite people to church, witness or care about souls to the point it breaks their hearts.  There have been a few but they are not the norm.  Thirty years ago I found this same condition when I last lived in this city and much to my surprise it has gotten worse.  The need is just as great today as it was then and my prayer is that God will come and touch my city and yours.  Please understand this blog today is not a complaint just an observation and a wish.  Today let God break your heart and revive you so you will become the person God always has wanted you to be.  Also plan to attend our meetings tonight at Cornerstone at 7 p.m..  We are in the Grandin Park Plaza in St. Albert.  22 Sir Sir Winston Churchill Drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment