Saturday, January 7, 2012

Saturday a Day to Reflect

For someone such as myself.  Saturday is a day of preparation for Sunday.  This morning as is my habit I went to the church to pray for Sunday morning.  I made my declarations and prayers.  Something I have done for over a decade and during that time I also pray in my heavenly language.  I always find these times so focusing.  Prayer is the path in which one receives divine direction and help.  In prayer I receive my marching orders for the week.  Every Saturday since Sept 25, 2005 has been my time to pray for Revival.  I try to spend at least 1 1/2 hours in prayer each Saturday on this issue.  Revival is the only thing that is gone to soften the heard hearts of any people.  The church can have hard hearts.  We can easily become distracted and even cold toward the things of God.  Revival is God's answer to an apathetic, apostate and lethargic church.  Which unfortunately is by and large the testimony of the church in Canada.  Not all churches or people are this way but enough that we need a whole sale revival.  I pray that the revival starts with me.  Gypsy Smith was asked one time was the secret of revival and he said, "Draw a circle around yourself and so not leave until your revived and the revival has started."  Good plan.  Start today in your own heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment