Thursday, January 5, 2012

New Year New Opportunities

I am amazed how fast time flys when you are having fun.  The last couple of days I have been on a study retreat.  I have prepared messages until the end of April.  Today I will be doing more of the same.  I am hoping that by the end of the day, I would have finished enough messages till the end of June.  It is in these times of intense study that I receive some of the best advice and help I could ever receive.  I have learned for example that when a person is in the centre of God's will that you do not have to drum up opportunities they just come.  Recently the Lord has been dropping one opportunity after another into my lap.  I have actually had to say no to some or put them on the back burner.  My exhortation to you today is to seek God's kingdom first and then all things will be added unto you. If you are stuck in a rut, which by the way is a grave with both ends kick out, then seek God.  Seek Him and ask Him to open doors and use you.  You will be amazed at what will happen. My answer to any slowdown is prayer.  By nature and disposition I am an action kind of guy.  I love to keep busy.  One lesson I have learned though is this.  When things slow down, this is the time to seek God and position yousrself for the next time things speed up.  When ever you have down time, resupply, rearm and redeploy using military terms.  Get the house in order and then when the next opportunity comes you are ready.        

No comments:

Post a Comment