Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Boy did I blow It.

Have you ever had a time where you did the wrong thing at the wrong time for the wrong reason?  Some would say that is being human.  I wish I had not done the opening statement but I have.  There is a way to avoid this most of the time and that is letting the Lord order your steps.  On 100 Huntley Street yesterday, I watched an interview with the Vicar of Baghdad, Andrew White.  Here is a man that if he does the wrong thing it will cost him his life.  He has 37, body guards assigned to him because there are people if given the chance will kill him.  A wrong step for him could be fatal.  Yet what was amazing was this man lives with no fears or regrets because he realizes his life is in the Lord's hands.  Years ago when I lived in Hay River I remember one of the speakers at Northern Harvest a conference held in that community said, "we are bullet proof until God says so."  So true.  I also believe though that we should not be foolish.  Andrew White said, his practice for a safe life is asking the Lord to order his steps and life.  Great advice.  Each day we live we are one day closer to the coming of the Lord.  So my prayer for myself and you is, "Lord order my steps, speak into my heart either through prayer or the word and let me hear what you are saying."  I may not have someone trying to kill me in the physical realm but our enemy, the devil if given the chance will try to destroy my effectiveness and yours.  Have maximum impact in the minimum of time today.

1 comment:

  1. I read this after my apology on FB this morning. This blog is confirmation to my confession. Thx Dean. Praying 4 U & looking forward 2 this weekend.

    ReplyDelete