Friday, January 27, 2012

Reality Checks

On days like today sometimes we need reality checks and then with that comes a claim of God 's help and provision.  My first reality check is that everyday I need God's help and protection.  There are times I am overwhelmed by the tasks and opportunties that have been given to me.  For example, I am pastoring a church in a city with its unique challenges and secondly I have been given an opportunity to speak to a city and the world on radio.  Both great opportunities and challenges.  I marvel at the grace of God but also most days I am trusting that He knows what He is doing because there are times, I don't know if I do.  I ask myself, am I leading this church right?  Am I in over my head?  Will I say the right thing on the radio to touch the right person at the right moment?  Then it comes back to one statement God made to me at the beginning of this year.  Do you trust me!  My answer is a resounding yes.  Yes, Lord, I trust you.  I may not always trust me but I will always trust you.  You have never failed me and have never forsaken me.  I need you every hour and trust you will be with me.  I feel like I am preaching and encouraging myself and  the reality is I am.  This private musing I trust can help you because as I write it, I am being encouraged.  Today no matter what situation you find yourself remember your reality is that God can and will come to help.  You are not in over your head.  God knows what you can handle.  He knows what I can handle and so I trust Him and I hope you will as well.   

No comments:

Post a Comment