Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Special Days.

Today is a very special day for a special lady.  It is my Mom's Birthday.  She is turning 49 again and again.  Mom I am grateful that you brought me into this world.  I would not have known Jesus Christ or have the life I now have without your contribution.  Mom I wish to thank you as well for being faithful to bring me to church even when I often found it boring.  You laid the foundation for my faith whether you know it or not.  So thank you.  Birthdays are milestones.  They are a markers of where we have been and beginnings for where we are going.  When I had my birthday last November.  I resolved to be more in love with Jesus and serve Him with more of my heart, soul, mind and strength.  I believe that half way measures are very unfruitful lifestyles.  In Rev 3, the Lord tells us that if we are Lukewarm He will vomit us out of His mouth.  A graphic picture but effective.  When we go into relationship with a person I believe they expect us to not be half a friend but a whole friend.  God wants us to be entirely His.  Yet the opposite is often the case.  My exhortation to myself and you today is get rid as the writer of Hebrew says, every weight and sin that so easily entangles us and give our hearts to the Lord 100%.  This will keep us as the days get more and more evil and they will.  Be hot for Jesus and be like John Wesley said, "A firebrand for the Lord."

No comments:

Post a Comment