Saturday, January 14, 2012

The Most Important Spiritual Discovery I have made in years!

This past week has been one of the most trying I have had in years.  So it was essential I hear from God about what to do next.  Last night, Jan 13th, I had just finished a time of prayer with my wife Lois and I asked God how can I pray for the church and His believers. To my surprise the Holy Spirit said loud and clear, "It is in the word."  I replied back where?  In Jesus' prayer for the disciples in John 17:6-26.  This prayer has impacted me so powerfully.  It is I believe as revolutionary as when I heard the teaching of Larry Lea on the Lord's prayer.  Here is what I learned and how I pray now for the disciples and then the church.  First your local church.  1.  God would keep us out of the world.  2. We would obey His word.  3.  We would know everything comes from the Father.  4.  We would accept God's word.  5.  Believe that Jesus and the Father sent us.  6.  That each one would know that they were God's/  7.  The glory of God would flow through them.  8.  That we would all be one.  9.  God would keep all safe.  10.  They would have joy in them.  11.  God would give us His word.  12.  They would be protected from the evil one.  13.  They would be sanctified by His word.  For other churches:  1.  They would believe your message.  2.  They would all be one 3.  Be one with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.  4.  Have the glory God has given them.  5.  Be brought into complete unity.  6.  Be with Christ and see His glory.  7.  Know that Christ has been sent from the Father.  8.  Would know the Father.  9.  Love of the Father would be in them.  10.  Christ would be in them.  I pray that this morning and felt a freedom I have not felt in years.  Powerful truths from God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment