Friday, January 13, 2012

God's will or ours!

I am amazed how many times we like to help the will of God along.  In my deovotions I read how in Genesis 16, Abraham and Sarah tried to help God out.  Sarah had been waiting over a decade for God to answer their promise.  She got a little anxious so she told Abraham to sleep with her maidservant Hagar.  When Hagar became pregnant she became proud and boasted of her accomplishment which led to Sarah becoming jealous.  Sarah then treated Hagar terribly and Hagar ran away.  An angel of the Lord brought Hagar back by telling her that her son who was to be name Ishmael would become a great man.  The result of that union later would lead to strife between the Arabs and Israel because Ishmael was the father of the Arab people.  The lesson we learn is that when we try to help out God it can have disastrious results.  My advice is always stay in the center of God's will and plan.  I think this is sound advice, I wish I could learn it.  lol   

No comments:

Post a Comment