Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The assurance of salvation.

   I have been talking this week off for study and preparation for 2012.  I was working on my sermon`s covering the book of Roman`s which I will be presenting to Cornerstone during late January and early February.  Paul makes it clear that we can have assurance of salvation.  The question I ask myself today is why so many do not have assurance?   I have been in the ministry for more than 3 decades and I have been surprised how many times I get asked about this question?  A great deal of the problem is that many have failed to grasp the reality of salvation and the assurance it can be bring to a troubled heart.  God's salvation is complete.  When you get saved you have everything you need.  Nothing has to be added to it.  God has promised to never leave you or forsake you and Paul reminds us in Roman's 8:35-39, that nothing can separate us from the love of God.  When you received salvation it is intended for eternity.  The problem is not on God's side but ours.  This last statement is not designed to bring condemnation but an encouragement to stay as close to the Lord as possible.  In doing this you will always have assurance.  The Lord has made you complete in Christ.  My exhortation for you today is to live in this reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment