Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Canada

Canada

Today is Canada Day. I was born and raised in this country. It has been my home for a long time. There are many great things about this country which I want to talk about for a moment. I got saved in Havre Montana but have spent my entire Christian life in this country. I have had the privilege of pastoring here in 2 provinces and one territory. In all of the places I have pastored I have found the people warm, wonderful, and caring. This is one of the great natures of this country. Canada is a welcoming and warm place to come too. My daughter in law and granddaughter are recent immigrants and love this country. Our freedoms, medical and education systems are second to none.
In Canada, we have beautiful scenery. We have been blessed with vast resources and a massive country in which to live. Think about it our population ratio to landmass is one of the lowest in the world. We are the second-largest country in the world in sheer size. Canada has 25% of the world’s freshwater. We have the largest boreal forest area in the world. Canada has one of the largest reserves of natural gas and oil. Some of the largest lakes in the world are within the borders of Canada. As far as age Canada is actually one of the youngest countries in the world. Today we are 153 years old which is very young among the nations of the world. Canada has been ranked among the most popular countries to live and has won the award several times as being the best country in the world to live.
I considered it a real privilege to not only be born here but be a resident of this country since my birth. My children were born here and my grandchildren are being raised here. God has been good. Canada is far from perfect. We face many of the same problems nations face around the world. Yet we have a resourceful and creative people whom I believe with God’s help can overcome any adversity.
Today as I reflect on my country and what is means to be a citizen of this fine country I am grateful for my relationship with God. I considered it a privilege to pray for my country. We are exhorted in the bible to pray for our country so we can live a quiet and peaceful life. Today I call on all Canadians to have a moment of prayer today and ask God to lead and guide our leaders, whether they are federal, provincial or municipal. Let ask the Lord to help them walk in integrity, transparency, accountability, and wisdom. Let us pray that our nation comes back to God and that there would be a nationwide revival.
Our national anthem contains a couple of phrases that I want to close with. We are known as the true north, strong, and free. I am asking God to keep our land, glorious and free. My part is to stand on guard for Canada. Will you join me and be a watchman on the wall. Let us cry our night and day for this nation. Let us ask God to protect it, lead it, and guide those in authority. Let us believe God for a nationwide revival. Our peace tower in Ottawa says, “that He shall have dominion from sea to sea.” Let us pray that God will have dominion from the sea, to sea, to sea in Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment