Monday, April 26, 2021

April 26 - Vignettes in Prayer

 April 26 - Vignettes in Prayer

 

     Earlier in the Vignettes I shared about the first church I was saved in.  One of the elders of that church was Earl Sargent.  He was a welder by trade.  He loved Psalm 34.  His favorite verse was Psalm 34:4.  He would often stand up and testify about the goodness of the Lord.  The verse goes like this.  “I sought the LORD, and He answered me, and delivered me from all my fears.”   An eight year boy sat on top of a load of wood in a wagon.  The wagon was drawn by two horses which ran swiftly down a steep hill.  After the frightening ordeal, the child’s mother as him, “Well my boy, what did you do?”  The boy said, “I prayed to God and hung on like a beaver. “   Sometimes that is hung we feel about life.  It gives us ups and downs, in and outs and that is time we just have to pray and hang on like a beaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment