Thursday, April 1, 2021

April 1 - Vignettes on Prayer

 April 1 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     Matt 28:19 is the great commission.  Little did I know how this scripture would impact me.  God allowed me to follow my boyhood dream.  When thirteen I had received a brochure from the Columbia School of broadcasting.  I knew right and there I wanted to do with the rest of my life.  I channeled all my schooling and talents that direction.  In 1974, I was accepted in the Broadcasting program in the Southern Alberta Institute of Technology which I began in 1975.  Not knowing God had something else in mind.  At first I refused to heed that soft prompting believing I could serve the Lord better in the world of radio.  There were not a lot of Christian in this field.  In fact I was the only Christian in my class of eighty.  I had many opportunities to defend and grow my faith.  I loved being on the air and fulfilling my dream.  I was good and a bright future lie ahead.  Little did I know how things were going to change over a period of three months.  What a difference a summer can make.   God has a plan and destiny for your life.  He promises eternal and abundant life.  Andrew Murray states that the best place to live is in God’s school of obedience.  .  I would learn later that the Bunting were praying for young men to enter the ministry and one of the young men they were praying for was me.  So never stop praying the best for the ones you love.

No comments:

Post a Comment