Thursday, March 25, 2021

March 25 - Vignettes on Prayer

 March 25 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     In Acts 4:11-13, the people in Jerusalem were amazed at the message and boldness of Peter.  The young people’s meeting that Friday night in Havre, Montana amazed me.  These people really loved Jesus.  I was attracted and drawn to this fiery faith.  Later that night I was billeted out to a home and my roommate was a young man from Calgary.  I asked him about the service and he told me he came because his parents forced him.  He hated church and wanted to do his own thing.  Doing your own thing was the Mantra for the day at that time.  We talked into the night about motorcycles, girls and trucks.  I went to sleep wondering what I had gotten myself into but the possibility of meeting girls loomed on the horizon and I was going to jump on that subject the following day.  Little did I know that God has something different in mind.  Our role in prayer is to pray for the lost but never tell God how it should be done.  He is more reactive, resourceful and wiser at this than we are.  Just pray, Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done and He will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment