Wednesday, March 10, 2021

March 10 - Vignettes on Prayer

 March 10 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     Today I am going to give you a glimpse into my daily prayer routine.  I always begin with worship and one way I do that is to meditate or think about who God is and the way I do it is to think about the compound names of God.  They are an expression of His name and character.  Over the next few vignettes we will look at who God is.  Remember the word is snap shots.  You can never fully describe God because He is God and if you describe Him He would no longer be God.  The compound names of God give us a small glimpse into who God is.  Charles Price once said that the glory of God is the character and nature of God.  So as we begin these vignettes remember in a finite way we are trying to grasp the infinite God.  What I always find amazing is the infinite God wants to spend time with me.  He wants to reveal Himself to me.  Jesus though gives us a powerful truth in John 4, when He says that one day we will worship the Lord in Spirit and in truth.  Today is that day so make sure you do spend time with Him in prayer today.

No comments:

Post a Comment