Wednesday, March 24, 2021

March 24 - Vignettes on Prayer

  

March 24 - Vignettes on Prayer

 

     Acts 16:14 is such a great scripture, Paul had been preaching in Philippi when a woman named Lydia from Thyatira listened and God opened up her mind.  It was the last week in September 1974, when two of my friends, Perry Johnson and Dwayne Tofsford asked me to go to a young people’s convention in Havre, Montana.  I asked why I should go and Perry said, “You can meet girls.”  Now being seventeen and running on hormones I said, “Yes,” immediately.  They arranged a ride for me from the youth pastor of the Church of Christ in Lethbridge.  His name was Ken Mckenzie, I met him at the bus station and we drove to Havre, Montana that afternoon it was thanksgiving weekend 1974.  We arrived in Havre just in time to register and go immediately into the evening service.  There I saw people raising their hands, worshipping God and loving Jesus.  To a boy raised in a liturgical church this almost separated my head from my shoulders.  It was amazing and frightening.  Remember I am a raw heathen dropped into a Jesus people service.  God was working though.  Remember God knows our hearts so when you pray for the unsaved asked God to open their hearts.  God did with Lydia and he did with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment