Monday, April 30, 2012

I will bless the Lord

This morning I was reading in one of the devotions that I do Psalm 34:1-4 where David is encouraging the people of God to bless the Lord.  Praise is such a great thing to do and be part of.  It releases the presence of God and His power.  I did not grow up in a tradition of praise and worship.  So it was not something that I understood when I first came to know the Lord.  However over time it has become such an intregal part of my life.  Everyday I try to set aside time to worship and praise the Lord.  It lifts my spirit and brings me into closer fellowship with the Lord.  I love private and corporate times of worship.  There is something powerful when you are part of a group prasing the Lord.  David obviously was a worshipper.  You can feel his passion for the Lord in every line of every Psalm he wrote.  Passion for the Lord is not something that can be manufactured it is born out of worship and deep communion with God.  David's heart is exposed in the psalms.  My question for myself and others is, "Is my heart after God?"  I trust that it is but if at times you find your passion waining.  Sing songs of praise and worship and you will find it return as you praise the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment