Friday, April 27, 2012

What is an evil man

Today in my deovtions I spent some time in Psalm 14.  David outlines here the charactertistics of an evil man.  The evil man says there is no God and thus has no moral compasses.  An evil man is one that turns away from God and follows either idols or their own thoughts.  An evil man is corrupt and every one around them is hurt by them.  An evil man never learns from their mistakes and they blame others for what happens to them.  Evil doers try to frsutrate the plans of the righteous but God will overcome them.  Daniel 11:32 states that those who know their God will be strong and do exploits.  I love being a Christian.  I love having divine power and help near by.  I love having access to divine power within my life and being.  To know the same resurrection power that raised Jesus from the dead is dwelling in me is so wonderful.  The privilege of being a temple of the Holy Spirit is mind boggling.  Today let us learn from David and avoid being evil.  Years ago, a friend of mine named Gordon Wiebe, sang a song called, "I want to be a more righteous man." Let this be our motto in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment