Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Foundation for life.

In my devotions this morning I was reading about the rebuilding of the temple under the leadership of Ezra and Zerubabbel, I just love that name.  These two men had the privilege to rebuild and start again.  That is what redemption is all about, new beginnings and rebuilding lives.  Everyday you and I get the opportunity to not repeat the mistakes of yesterday.  Hopefully we are a little smarter and wiser today than we were yesterday.  I have discovered that we should only live our lives one day at a time.  Everday should be fully lived out for the Lord.  Our thoughts, attitudes, words and actions should reflect this reality.  I had a friend who was only 15 years old and one night he decided to go for a ride with all his teenage friends.  They went for a drive in the hills west of where we lived.  The car went out of control and landed up on its roof.  My friend crawled out and helped all the passengers of the car out and then he sat down on the side of the road and passed out.  He never woke up.  He suffered a hit on the head that caused a massive brain injury that killed him within five minutes.  When he went for that drive that night he never thought for a moment that it would be the last drive he would ever make.  He was only 15.  I was 14 at the time and for some reason I did not go that night with him but I never forgot the shock and disbelief I felt when I heard the news.  It was  this and other similar things that made me think of my eternity and future.  This an other incidents brought me to Christ when I was 17 and it is the thing that drives me to reach as many people as I can for Christ.  I do not want a single person to go to a lost eternity.  Today build your life on the Lord Jesus Christ and let Him use you to touch others for His praise and glory.  You may only have today to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment