Saturday, April 7, 2012

Today is the time for Victory

As I have written before.  Saturday is the day I pray for revival and God to move in my world.  My world consists of those that I come into contact with.  Today I will spend time with families.  Today I have to go to the hospital and prepare a family for eternity. After that I will visit a family who just lost their small child to a tragic accident and their other child is hanging on to life by a thread.  Then I will go to a family celebration to enjoy Easter.  Talk about mental gear shifting.  None of this could be done without the power of prayer.  In every situation I go only in the power of the Lord.  Life is never fair, it is never predictable and never as we hoped it will turn out.  There are ups and downs, surprises and personal tragedies.  The only constant in the unpredictability of life is the Lord.  He will never forsake us or leave us.  He is the strength we have in the harshness of life.  I wish I could say that for the Christian that life is always rosy and good.  It is not.  We have an adversary who will do all he can to destroy us.  We have a world that cares only for the itself.  The people in our world's are often self centered and fickle yet God is true.  In the past two years, I have seen more selfishness, inconsistency, lying and infantile behavior than I have ever seen in my life demonstrated in the lives of so called mature Christians yet God is constant.  Our family itself has experienced cancer, lost of loved ones and personal reverses yet God is constant.  Today whatever is going on in your world.  God can and will be your rock, foundation, fortress and deliverer.  He will be constant and true.  He has been for me and He will be for you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment