Monday, April 2, 2012

Food for thought!

Here we are already at April 2, and the first quarter of year is gone.  Yesterday, the April Fools joke was that in Edmonton we had snow.  Today I was thinking about the charge that David gave his son Solomon just before David died.  He told Solomon to be strong and serve the Lord with all his heart.  He reminded Solomon to make sure the Lord was in charge of all he did.  David charged Solomon to walk in the ways ot the Lord as was written in the Bible.  David then tolld him that if a person followed this advice that they would have succes in all they did for the Lord.  I took home through this advice that it was my responsibility to help my family to walk in the ways of the Lord.  All of us were to serve the Lord with all we had.  Lastly, I learned that the Lord had to be on the throne of my heart in all things and ways.  Everyday we live we are one day closer to the coming of the Lord.  In my thinking there is no time for half measures any longer.  Today we must serve the Lord because a lost and dying world needs the message of Christ and we are the ones who are given the task of telling them.  I know I will not fail if I can help it.  I hope you feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment