Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Jabez

I love the passage about Jabez.  When I was in my first church, I came across this passage and at the time I wanted to write an expose on him but never got around to it.  A few years later a man named Bruce Wilkinson wrote a small book about him and it became a world best seller.  That is one time I really missed the mark.  I have no regrets though because I have had the influence God intended for me at this time.  I love Jabez because of what he asked.  He asked God to bless him and enlarge his territory.  Jabez understood the power of influence.  He wanted to change his world.  Next, he wanted God to have his hand upon him.  A true person of prayer knows we cannot go through life successfully without the Lord's assistance.  We will never be able to defeat our enemies without Him.  Thirdly, he did not want any pain or harm.  Jabez knew that the Lord was the great protector.  Faith is the key.  When you operate in faith and you will see God at work.  Cal Bombay stated that we are bullet proof until God decides otherwise.  The last statement here is that God granted Jabez's request.  Many God grant your request today as you seek His face.  The writer of Hebrews puts it so beautiful.  The Lord will never turn aside a diligent seeker.  So seek the Lord with all you heart and see His goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment