Friday, April 13, 2012

A Night with Jesus!

This morning on the Am 930 the Light Website I saw a adverstisement for a "Night with Jesus,."  It was a prayer meeting with music before.  I do that every week at our church but I love the way the organizer put it.  He viewed himself as a tour guide and he was leading the people to Jesus.  Great angle.  I wish I would have thought of it.  I just love the creativity of people and I will probably use this concept.  What caught me was he was inviting us to spend time with Jesus.  As I write this article I feel the Spirit prompting me to invite you to spend time with Jesus.  Not the Jesus many people in our North American society present but the real Jesus of the Bible.  The man who walked with sinners and publicans.  The Jesus who healed the sick, cleanse the leper and lame.  The Jesus who wept at the condition of His fellow man.  The Jesus who poured His life into others.  The Jesus who walked in unconditional love, accpetance and forgiveness.  The Jesus who died on behalf of others.  The Jesus I see presented in many churches today is not the Jesus of the Bible.  He is not the Jesus of financial success, large homes, promotion of programs and the bigger and better.  The Jesus I see in the Bible did not have a home, He did not have money.  He was an itinerant preacher with a small band of followers.  He was all about others not self.  Now maybe my view is a bit child like and ideal.  But to tell the truth I am a bit tired of what I see going on in His name and have decided to chuck the whole thing myself for a simpler life and view.  Today, I do encourage you to spend a night with Jesus and find out what He wants you to do with your life and then go from there.  I know one thing if you are serious, your life will look different that it currently does.   

No comments:

Post a Comment