Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Turn back to God.

Every morning I write a blog on AM 930 the Light.  It contains my thoughts and the devotion for the day.  Today I was reading about how Ezra and the people of Judah were confessing their sins and turning back to God.  It was a great day for that land.  Last night I went to a concert with Luke Dowler and the crowd was not as large as I wanted it to be.  I was sitting there and thought this is not good.  Here I lived in a city of 60,000 people and lived in the Edmonton Metroplex and this is the crowd we get for such a great talent.  Then I talked to God for a moment and realize that something was terribly wrong.  I came to the conclusion that the prayer covering over the church I serve, the city I live in and the metroplex was down.  That is when I determined that no matter how long it takes and how many hours have to be spent I would do my part and pray and then call people to pray for St. Albert, Edmonton and Alberta.  Thus the reason for this blog today.  We are losing ground in every area and the reason is simple.  The people of God are not praying and if we are, we are not praying enough, strong enough or we are very feeble in our attempt.  Now I cannot speak for anyone else but I know this is true in my life.  I know I could do better and making excuses will not change the situation.  James says we must be doers of the word and not just talkers.  Excuses and talk will not change the spiritual atmosphere over our communities, only prayer.  I have been so convicted even while I am writing this, I am in an attitude of prayer.  Will you join me?  Will you take up the challenge and refuse to allow you family, your church, your community to continue to slide into this morally bankrupt condition?  Prayer is the answer and you are as well.  Get off your backside and on your knees.  There is no excuse for us not to do it and our world's need to change and the wonderful thing is we can change it when we pray.

No comments:

Post a Comment