Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Teaching our children.

Today I was reading from Deut 6:7, which talks about taking the opportunity whenever it comes to teach our children the things of the Lord.  In my case now it is my grand children.  When Gideon and I were together on Friday I took him with me when I was doing my afternoon bus run.  At that time we had a chance to talk about the things of God and I encouraged him to live for the Lord and serve Christ.  It was a moment of deju vue for me.  I had the privilege of leading a couple of our children to Christ when they were around the ages of three.  What a privilege it is to talk about the things of God with the next generation.  The Steel family is blessed because all four of our children have strong relationships with God.  This is a fact that I thank the Lord for every day.  I also pray extensively for my family every day this is a key.  Pray, role modeling, mentoring and being consistent in our own relationship with God is paramount to having our children follow in our footsteps as far as the things of God are concern.  So today if the opportunity comes up.  Talk to your family about the Lord. 

No comments:

Post a Comment