Sunday, February 5, 2012

Super Bowl Sunday

I like watching the Super Bowl and I enjoy Super Bowl parties but every Sunday for me is Super Bowl.  Sunday is the day that we get to go to church and enjoy the fellowship of the Saints.  Not the New Orleans saints.  It is the time that we come together to praise and praise the Lord.  It is a time to hear the word and allow it to be applied into our hearts.  I am always sadden by those who either by neglect or by disobedience stay away from the House of the Lord.  I have met many people over the decades who allow past hurts or present hang ups keep them from the House of the Lord.  They have not figured it out that it is in the House of the Lord they get healed, restored and renewed.  I have heard all your arguments and I reject them.  I have been hurt as much as you have and probably even more so because I have been a pastor and shepherd.  I have had to go in and clean up two church splits and rebuild five churches and plant one.  I have been there, and done that and have the tee shirt.  I have felt your pain and have been where you are.  The difference is that I learned that when you get hurt you get healed.  When you are afraid, you meet that fear.  When you are rejected you continue to love.  When you are wronged you forgive.  The Lord does that everyday with us and it is our duty to that as well.    So please in the name of the Lord, come back and start again.  Jesus loves his church. He died for His church.  He wants you again to be part of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment