Thursday, February 23, 2012

Early morning thought.

If you have not figured it out.  I write most of my blogs at 4:30 in the morning.  Ever since I became the morning man at Am 930 the Light I have been waking up at 4 and getting down to the station at 4:30 and shortly after I do the news prep, I write my blog.  It is in these early morning times that I receive inspiration from the Lord.  The one thing I have come to realize is that everyday I live I am one day closer to the coming of the Lord.  This means that I have only have a short time to touch as many people as I can for the Lord.  Now I am blessed because I have the largest church audience in Alberta as far as a pastor is concerned.  My church is not one that attends a building but one that listens to me on the airwaves.  Thousands of people listen to the program everyday so I know that I have a huge responsibility.  This means making sure my thought life, words, and actions are right before God.  The difference between radio and a church pulpit is that I have no more than a few moments to impact a person's life.  In the pulpit I can spend some time building a case for Jesus Christ.  In radio I have that moment to complete my thought and present it before they either change the channel or get on with their day.  It is the gospel in sound bites.  This is often the case in life.  Paul says we are to redeem the time.  That means make the most of every opportunity given.  When God opens the door walk in by faith, share your heart and leave the results to God.  You may not do it right but perfection is not the key, it is God's ability.  That is what I try to do.  It is a thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment