Friday, February 3, 2012

Honour your Mother and Father.

I read this monring in my devotions the ten commandments.  The one I would like to talk about today is the one that tells us we must honor our Father and Mother.  Honour means to respect and hold in high esteem.  This commandment is not just for children but for adults as well.  It does not mean we obey and follow them blindly it means to love them, and honour them as our parents.  The reason many today do not is because they have seen their own parents disrespect their parents.  Children learn from their parents more than anyone else or any other means.  So today set an example for all around and honor your parents.  Give them a phone call or write them a note and tell them how much you love them.  It will make their day.  I wrote a proverb yesterday that I would like to share with you.  "Live you life so well that the town gossip will vouch for you."

No comments:

Post a Comment