Saturday, February 18, 2012

Saturday Morning Thoughts.

Saturdays are such great days if you use then wisely.  For many is the day for the honey do list.  We spend time getting things done around the house.  For me it is the time to rethink and refocus.  My world is simple, six days a week I am presenting the gospel in one form or another.  Either I am preaching or I am doing the radio program.  Saturday is my time to pray and get reflect on what happened in the last week and get ready for the next.  This past week was Valentines, a celebration about the concept and character of love.  Love is something that a Christian should grasp better than anyone else because this is something that God has abundantly lavished on us.  God is the beginning and ending of love.  It is the essence of who He is and what He is about.  For God so loved is the most powerful phrase ever written.  Love is something that we can produce and participate in.  It is to be expressed and participated in.  We are called to love God, ourselves and others.  Nothing is greater than that.  You get to love nothing is sweeter or bitter.  Love takes you to the highest heights and the deepest depths.  It can heal or destroy you.  I have one belief that motivates me more than anything else.  I believe that we are called to love people and to let that motivate us to change our world's for the better.   I hate selfishness in any form.  Love that has strings attached or has expression of selfish motives is not love.  I hate selfishness because I been that way.  It has produced nothing but heart ache and sorrow.  Recently I came to a conclusion.  Most of what I have seen in life has been made from selfish motives.  I have met a few generous and loving people but they are the exception and not the norm.  What hurts the most is that many were not Christians who are suppose to flow with love.  Christianity is about giving, serving and loving.  Not selfishness, back biting and fighting over silly none eternal things.  Who cares if we are theologically right, if our view of revelation or prophecy is correct, or we are eternally secure or not.  Does it matter if a person has a certain view of the Baptism of the Holy Spirit or not.  We major so many times on the minors and forget what is really important.  Loving God, ourselves and others.  Being unselfish enough to tell others about Jesus Christ and give them an opportunity to hear.  So here are some thoughts from my Saturday.  I would love to hear yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment