Monday, February 27, 2012

Choose Life.

This morning in my devotions I was looking at Deut 30:15-20.  This is where Moses was exhorting the people to choose life.  Moses made it clear that if the people were to obey the Lord, they would live, prosper and multiply.  If they did not, the opposite would happen.  Seems pretty clear to me what a person needs to do.  I remember back in the late eighties when the singer Geroge Michaels was getting his start.  He belong to a group called Wham, they had a big hit called, "wake me up before you go girl."  In the video they were dancing around on on their shirts was the phrase, "Choose life."  I thought what a cool phrase and when I saw this phrase in scriputre, I said to myself.  "I am going to choose life.  I am going to follow the Lord will every fibre of my being.  I have never had much use for half way discipleship for my own life.  I cannot make anyone or wish that anyone would be like me.  I however do desire that every believer would follow the Lord with every fibre of their being and never settle for second best.  So today give your all to Jesus and choose life.  It is great to be a Christian, it is never boring and you have all of heaven behind you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment