Friday, March 16, 2012

The weekend is upon us.

Well here it is, Friday and the weekend is almost upon us.  TGIF, and the living is easy.  Well maybe for you but not for me.  I get to spent the weekend getting ready for Sunday.  Sunday is game day, the big day of proclamation.  I get to tell the church I pastor all about Jesus.  This Sunday is very important because this Sunday is our Annual General Business Meeting.  This is where we talk about the direction of the church and our goals for the next year.  In 2012, I have decied to keep it simple.  We are going to focus on the word, prayer, fellowship, evangelism and the moving of the Holy Spiriit.  We are going to speak a language of faith, nurture a culture of honour and create an atmosphere of passion.  Keeping things simple and going back to the basics is never a bad thing.  To many times we have complicated our lives with so many non important things that we become burdened down for all the wrong reasons.  I try to live my life with the thought that Jesus could come back in the next seven minutes.  What will I be doing in the minutes prior to that?  Keeps a person motivated to not waste time.  The problem is that we have so many voices demnading our time.  Most times it is the urgent and not the important that get our attention.  So keep it simple is the best way to walk in the things of God.  So as you get ready for this weekend.  Please enjoy every moment of it and remember to go to your house of worship.  For me it is Cornerstone in St. Albert.  Serve God and keep it simple this weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment