Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Doing the right thing.

Today in my devotions I was reading about Job and how he did anything he could to maintain his position and power.  He literally eliminated anyone who stood in his way.  He actually killed his rivals.  Now today many people employ similar tactics as Job does.  They may not physically kill people but they will do anything they can to destroy a reputation and make themselves look good at the expense of others.  Once a Christian business told me that business was business and Christianity was Christianity.  I asked him if they could mix and he said to my shock that sometimes they could not.  My remark to him was that you have to take you Christianity into every facet of your life or you are being a hypocrite.  We live our lives in the public arena as Christians as well as in our homes.  What we do in public does matters as it does in our homes.  I know that what we do in private affects our public realm and vice versa.  Your thoughts, words, deeds and attitudes reflect who really is in control of your life.  Is Jesus in control of your life or not?  It is time for personal examination.  I know I have been talking about this issue a lot recently because each day we live we are one day closer to the coming of the Lord.  The signs of the times indicate we are getting closer and closer.  Recently in one of our evening services a word from the Lord came telling us that Jesus is coming very very very very soon.  This word shook me to my very foundation.  I have resolved to live my life as if Jesus would come back in the next seven minutes.  This has change my whole perspective.  I hope it will change yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment