Monday, March 26, 2012

Proper choices

   In my devotion today, I was reading about the tribe of Judah chose David to be their king some seven years before the rest of the tribes would.  The tribe of Judah had the mind of God years before others did.  Saul had been the choice of the people but David was God's choice.  Problem is that it sometimes takes people a little to catch up with God.  I have often mused about myself and how I have ended up where I have.  For example, I have been a pastor for 33 years and have pastored in many places.  These were churches that I never though I would ever be at.  One time I was sitting in the home of a family who had been in Yellowknife.  They were describing life in the North and I thought no way man would I ever go there.  It was my next community.  Another time I was driving through Salmon Arm and the Lord said, this is where you will pastor one day.  I thought great.  I will pastor the Pentecostal Church here.  I did return to pastor in Salmon Arm but it was with the Foursquare Church.  Back in 2000, we were having lunch by the Sturgeon river in St. Albert and my wife said, "would it be great to pastor here."  I replied, "only it you drag me kicking and screaming."  I did not like large cities but here I am. 
   I wrote all this for one reason.  I have never looked at myself as a talented or special person.  Just a willing heart.  You must be willing to go, do and be what God wants you to be.  Over the years I have met and so have you, talented, intelligent, wonderfully gifted people sitting on the sidelines doing the minimum for God.  Why are they sitting there doing relatively nothing.  It is the condition of their heart.  My exhortation to you is to be a willing heart.  Make yourself available to God.  David did and see what God did for him.   

No comments:

Post a Comment