Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A lesson for all ages.

In my devotions today I was looking at the book of Judges where there is a statement that described what is happening today.  Everyone did was right in their own eyes.   Everyone does what is right in their own eyes.  How many people have you heard in your life say, "I can do whatever I want, I have a free will."  What a lie.  You can do whatever you want but everything we do has consequences.  Yes, you can put a cancer stick in your mouth everyday but sooner or later it will effect your body.  Yes, you can lie, steal and cheat but sooner or later that will catch up to you where no one trusts you and you will lose everything.  Yes you can drink and party but sooner or later your body or your lifestyle will cost you everything.  People forget that sin is a hard taskmaster.  It will take you places you never though you would go, do things you never thought you would do and make you what you never thought you would be.  I am glad I learned early in life to give my heart to the Lord.  I have avoided many of the pitfalls of life.  Yet I did not miss them all much to my shame.  I am glad I serve the Lord and His grace has been enough.  My hope is that through this and other exhortations you will give all to Jesus and let Him lead your life.  Secondly, ifyou have any residue of past life let Him deal with it and you get on serving the Lord.  You have a great future ahead.  Let the weights and sin of the past stay there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment