Monday, March 19, 2012

The Goliath's of Life.

   In my devotions today, I was looking at the story of David and Goliath.  There are so many truths contained in the story.  For example I learned that David learned to trust God in that moment for without God he would not get the victory.  Secondly, Goliath was not insulting David, or Israel, but God.  God is looking for a champion who will defend his name.  Thirdly, I learned that when David went into battle he did not use Saul's armour because it did not fit.  Many of the solutions that are presented sound great and even look great but they do not fit us.  Fourthly, I learned that David went into battle with five stones and a sling.  He went to fight the giant with what had helped him gain victory over previous opponents.  Most of the solutions to many problems can be done through things we have learned in previous battles. 
   David when he came face to face with Goliath knew that the battle was no his but the Lord.  We must know that as well.  When we face obstacles in our own strength and power there is a high probablity of failure.  With the Lord working with us we will come through to victory every time.  We have this promise from God that we will overcome every mountain or giant in life.  I love the fact that I have the God of the universe in my corner when I go into a fight or battle.  My faith is not in my ability or power but the Lord's.  So today let us walk in victory and see all the giants in our lives defeated through the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment