Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Who is Jesus

When I was a young man there was a t.v. preacher who was a smooth talker and con man.  His name was Garner Ted Armstrong.  He presented on one of his programs, the question, "Who is Jesus."  Now my father and I listened to the program and when he was finished I was no closer to knowing who Jesus was as I was to living on Mars.  Later through the pages of the Bible and the ability of the Holy Spirit I began to know who Jesus is.  Jesus is the beloved Son of God, He is God incarnate, God with a face, 100% God and 100% man, the perfect union of the divine and humanity.  Jesus was born of the virgin Mary.  He lived a perfect sinless life and when the time was right He died for the sins of mankind.  Jesus died, was buried and rose again.  He gave His broken body and shed His precious blood that we may have life now and eternal life later.  Jesus is our Saviour, Healer, Baptizer in the Holy Spirit and our Soon Coming King.  This is who Christ is and so much more.  Jesus is the perfect representation of love.  He is our role model on how to walk in the Spirit.  He is our example on how to love and give love.  This is who Jesus is.  This is what I have discovered over the many years that I have served Him.  The scary part for me is that I have just scratch the surface of who Christ is.   John put it very beautifully, "There is not enough books to contain what Jesus did."  I will add and who He is.  My exhortation is get to know Him and spend the rest of your life discovering what a beautiful and wonderful person He is. 

No comments:

Post a Comment