Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Wait upon the Lord

I have been reading through the Psalms in my morning devotions and a recurring theme has been developing, "waiting upon the Lord."  This is something that I must admit I am not very good at.  Being an action kind of person which most pastor's are, waiting is not a strong point for me.  This of course is something that is essential for life.  The things of God are very much like comedy, timing is everything.  One thing that I have discovered about God is that He is never early or late, He is always right on time.  Just when I think I am about done or finished then God arrives and clears up the whole mess.  Which must of the time I have created or someone else has done to me.  Job says that we are saved by the skin of our teeth, so true.  Today you might right now be in a time of waiting.  I have four small things to share with you about waiting.  First, wait with expectation and faith.  God will come through.  Next, trust God for the answer, He has come through before and He will come through again.  Thirdly, prepare and get ready.  It is always good to be ready and be watching.  Lastly, when He moves, go with Him.  God moves quickly and you may find yourself running to catch up.  So wait upon the Lord and be renewed for the glory of God.     

No comments:

Post a Comment