Thursday, May 3, 2012

God please answer and hurry.

There have been many times in my life where I wanted God to answer my prayers yesterday.  I was reading in my deovtion this morning, Psalm 42, where David is crying ou to the Lord for answers.  David was in a season of, "Why me God."  This is a period of life where nothing seems to make sense and your prayers seem to be bouncing off the ceiling.  In these times we have to go by faith and not by sight.  We have to trust God and His word and not how we feel.  The word is clear it states that the Lord will never leave or forsake us.  Just because we do not feel His presence that does not mean He is not near.  God is always with us, He is always near.  He just sometimes chooses to not be as visible and so it is here we learn to trust.  A daughter and father were in the habit of walking together to the school bus stop.  The little girl said, one day, "Daddy, tomorrow I want to walk by myself."  She wanted some independence.  At first the Dad said no, but then as he thought about it, he realize that his little girl was growing up, so he relented and agreed.  The following morning she kissed him goodbye at the door and walked the half block from their home to the bus stop.  She waited at the stop with her friends and they boarded the bus and went off to school.  That afternoon she returned home and ran up to the steps of the front door where she was greeted by her father.  "She said, "Daddy I did it all by myself."  to which her father smiled and they went inside.  Little did she know that her Father had followed her to the bus stop that morning and afternoon carefully watching in the shadows, watching in the distance, making sure she was safe.  That is how God is.  He is watching, making sure we are safe.  So just because He seems to be silent, He is not.     

No comments:

Post a Comment